Whether it’s gorging on delicious crab meat or enjoying some friend calamari rings or a baked salmon with salad, seafood is a favourite of almost everyone. There is at least one dish they love to engage on.
This list has some of the best seafood restaurants in Melbourne. You will be sure to find something that will fit in with your palate and your individual aesthetic.
- Clay pots seafood and wine: you will be welcomed with a giant aerial octopus so you know you are in for some delicious seafood. You can enjoy a wide variety of dishes ranging from oysters to soft crab and clay pots packed with delicious array of mixed seafood in bold flavours. Pair that with wine and live music and you are in for a fishy treat.
- Kappo: visit this place if you are after some excellent quality seafood. The experts at the restaurant can help you choose a five, seven or nine course meals. Some of regular ingredients featured in their menus include swordfish belly, salmon roe, spaghetti squash and yuzu. The ambience is warm and intimate and the setting consists of timber tables and has a communal setting. You can choose to have your meals with matching drinks.
- The Atlantic: if you are after fresh hand-picked seafood then this is the place to be. You can choose from a scrumptious sea food platter which includes delicacies like sashimi, oysters, prawn, scallops to crab legs. There is also a popular dish which consists of soft shell crab. If you are someone that enjoys a mixed selection of delicious seafood then the Atlantic is your destination.
- Sweet salt: you get only the finest of seafood at the sweet salt as they are not like your run of the mill fish and chip shop. You can find all the regular culprits from barramundi to prawn spring rolls and soft shell crab buns and crab dim sims. The interior features stunning wooden bar stools and white washed walls and a clean and stylish exposed concrete floor. The ambience is refreshing and light as their menu.
- Richmond Oysters: if you are after some of the best oysters in Melbourne, then look no further than Richmond Oysters. You can feast on a range of options like spiced pastas to creamy risottos but as they are known for their seafood, you can’t go past some deliciously cooked scallops or a Mornay lobster. This is the perfect venue to take a group of people to share a seafood platter or enjoy a full meal.
Now that you are aware of some of the best seafood options Melbourne has to offer, why not head out and discover how mouth-wateringly delicious these dishes can be?